This striking Just Trade Marisol Sterling Silver Necklace is made from two strands of fine silver wire skillfully crocheted together. Handmade by Dina, Dorila and Beatriz of the Hope Jewellery Project (formerly Zoe Project) in Lima, Peru.
Just Trade was founded in June 2006, initially to provide a route to market for a struggling fair trade project in the shantytowns of Lima, Peru. The company was born out of first hand contact with real people in the developing world and the recognition that in order for such projects to be sustainable they need a long-term business opportunities. The women who are now involved have been able to educate their children and secure a better future for their families.
Combining traditional craft skills and materials with expert knowledge of contemporary jewellery, they have developed ranges of unique, characterful pieces. They work collaboratively on the design of the products with the artisans who make them. By teaching the fundamentals of design, they give the artisans the tools to take an active part in the product development process, encouraging a sense of pride and ownership in their work.
- Material: Sterling silver with sterling silver chain and clasp.
- Dimensions: Disc sizes 3cm to 2cm
- Chain length 45cm (18″)
- Packaged in gift box on backing card explaining more about the project in which it was made.
- Care Instructions: Silver is likely to tarnish over time. If you want to restore the original shine to your jewellery we recommend you clean it with Silvo and a soft cloth.
- Supplier Code – Z-C-3011002