Our friends at ion magazine recently posted the article (below) on their website.
Rumour has it there’s a heatwave on the way. It’s Sod’s Law really – you spend all year planning your summer holiday, a two-week escape from the dreich Scottish weather, and it turns out it’s going to be hotter back home than at your holiday destination.
Nevertheless, it’s still important to stay stylish in the sun, whether in Scotland or somewhere further afield, so we turned to Ocean J founder Gail McKill to give us her top five tips for holiday accessorising.
- Good news for those on the go, this season’s must-have bag is a rucksack – a practical and stylish solution for explorers.
- Pack light because the old adage is true, less is more. When opting for large pieces of jewellery choose either a statement necklace, or a bold bracelet, or a bright brooch, never all three.
- If you’re spending the day sight-seeing, opt for simple stud earrings. Then tie your hair back in the evening and update your look with a pair of drop earrings for instant glamour.
- A pashmina is a holiday essential, wrap up in something glamorous as the evening sun fades.
- Inspired by what you’ve seen abroad? Back home, pair a timelessly chic top-to-toe black outfit with a tan leather handbag for the ultimate in continental sophistication.
Want to find out more top styling tips? Head over to Ocean J’s brand new website at www.oceanj.co.uk where you can keep up to date with the latest accessories trends on their blog, or speak to the experts directly via their new FaceTime personal shopping consultation service.